Sunday, January 6, 2013

Vaccinations

In the Motherload blog in the New York Times there is an interesting article on the checkenpox virus here.   It's a description of a child getting chickenpox because her mother had medical reasons for needing to avoid those illnesses, and she was worried that even her children's vaccinations might cause her to be sick.  Here is my comment:

Are people who are against, or delaying, vaccinations against even the rubella one?  I will never forget my panic when I found out that I had been tutoring a student who, a day or two later, came down with Rubella.  I was about a month pregnant at the time.  My mother thought she remembered that I had had the "German measles" but I couldn't relax until my child was born, and everything was okay.


It takes a community to protect a child.





No comments:

Post a Comment